Sunday, December 9, 2018

Representation

                                       Represnetation

     The modern dying of written word is an idea I have always felt strongly about. Throughout my project, I would like to address this topic as, I feel as if our generation is throwing away the ability to imagine and create in return for things they can mindlessly watch, which to me, is a major problem. This problem has been represented by many varying media groups, such as the article "predicting the death of print" by MIT, in which it was predicted for print to die in five years or fewer. Although print is still alive,  the article struck compelling arguments about how print is indeed dying.
        Another article posted by Forbes talks about how although some print outlets, such as newspaper are still alive, the question of, "for how long" is still imposed. Statistics show just under 1500 journalist were laid off in recent years and that the print industry is certainly dying. Although the representation of this subject in media is certainly fair, it is not fully truthful to the publishing business, which is still profitable. In my piece, I would like to retain the ideas that written word is still as powerful as it once was hundreds of years ago, and I will show those ideas in my piece in a variety of ways. I will retain the ideas about the dying print business as well, as it helps to paint the accurate picture of the decline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friction

     We have finally finished our film opening, titled "Friction".  It has taken a vast amount of work and planning and our entire...