Sunday, February 24, 2019

Films that move me


                                                 How watching Mid90s impacted me



     Stephen King once wrote, "You learn best by reading a lot and writing a lot, and the most valuable lessons of all are the ones you teach yourself" when asked for tips on writing. The same ideas can be applied to film making, however, and this weekend I had the pleasure of watching Mid90's. The movie stuck with me, with a lot of characters that reminded me of myself, as well as people I know. Often the best stories have a lot more to do with the characters and a lot less with the plot, and Mid90's was a perfect example of this because the plot was not a major detail of the film. The characters grow on you throughout the course of the film in which you can feel their pain as they deal with different situations and create emotions for the audience. The movie to me braced issues our society ignored and overall ended in a manner that was truthful to the situation. The movie as a drama did a great job in my opinion of creating emotions for the viewers as it shared a sad story. It wasn't made to make the audience feel good but just to feel, and in that retrospect the film definitely succeeded.
        In creating my own film opening I want to create a character that is understood by the audience. The character will need to be relatable and the film opening will tell a beautiful story using the power of emotions in order to spread a vital message. I think the best film I could create, would be one that makes the audience feel, as Mid90's made me feel. The aesthetic of Mid90's is something else I would like to mimic, with a strong nostalgic feel that would resonate with the audience. Who doesn't miss the past after all?

Image result for mid 90s

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friction

     We have finally finished our film opening, titled "Friction".  It has taken a vast amount of work and planning and our entire...